A simple, convenient, and secure way of viewing and paying your City of Salina utility bill online. You must be registered in order to access the payment options. Customers may pay their water utility bill using a debit/credit card or E-check at no additional charge. MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards, as well as debit cards bearing the MasterCard or Visa logo will be accepted. Online payments are reflected on the customer's account immediately when submitted. To register, visit the First Time User instructions to get started.
Automatic Bank Draft (Auto Pay)
A convenient way to pay your City of Salina utility bill each month on the due date using your specified bank account. There is no additional cost to you to sign up. You will still receive a monthly bill to review unless you opt for E-Bill notification. To sign up for Auto Pay, mail the Auto Pay Application along with a cancelled check or deposit slip to: City of Salina Water Department, P.O. Box 1307, Salina, KS 67402-1307 or drop if off at our office. Please note, starter checks are not accepted.
City of Salina utility payments can be mailed in the return enveloped that is included with your utility bill. All mail payments are processed internally by city staff. If you do not have a return envelope mail to:
City of Salina Water Department
P.O. Box 1307
Salina, KS 67402-1307
Phone - $WaterLine$ (IVR-Interactive Voice Response)
The interactive voice response telephone system is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week in both English and Spanish. You will need your City of Salina Utility account number to use this system. Customers may pay their full balance or just the past due using a debit/credit card or check as well as make a payment arrangement. There are no additional charges to pay using $WaterLine$. Customers also may also access billing and payment history. You may access $WaterLine$ by calling 785-309-5740. To view the menu options, click here.
City of Salina Utility bills can be paid in person by cash, check or credit card at our office located in the City/County Building. Our office is located in Room 102 on the first floor of the City/County Building, 300 W Ash St. Office hours are:
Monday thru Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. excluding holidays
Drop Box Location
Effective February 14th, 2014, Dillons will no longer accept water utility payments.
The drop box payment location is located at the City/County Building, 300 W Ash St in the circle drive on the south side of building. This drop location has 24 Hr access. If you are paying in cash, please come in person to the Water Customer Accounting office, 300 West Ash Street Room 102 so that we may issue you a receipt. DO NOT mail cash or leave cash in the drop boxes.
- The outside drop box at the City-County Building is picked up weekdays at 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM. excluding holidays. The drop box outside the door of the Water Customer Accounting office (Room 102) is picked up at 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on weekdays, excluding holidays. Payments received in the drop box are processed daily by city staff.
Payment Arrangements (Extensions)
When your account has become deliquent, you may be eligible to make a payment arrangement, also known as an extension. A payment arrangement allows the customer to extend the due date (maximum 20 days) to allow more time to make the payment. The customer will be eligible if there is only one bill deliquent, and the arrangement is made no later than the disconnect day indicated on the final notice. The customer is responsible for making the payment by the date they requested. If payment is not received by this date, service will be shut-off for non-payment with no additional notices. Payment Arrangements are only available through $WaterLine$ or in person.
To request a payment arrangement using $WaterLine$: Press  for account information, then select option  To Make a Payment Arrangment. Enter a 2-digit month and a 2-digit day that you will be able to make your payment. This date will be your revised due date. You will not receive additional notices. If payment is not received by the revised due date, service may be interrupted the following day.
If you pay late...
- A five percent late charge per service applies after the due date.
- Water service is subject to disconnection approximately 35 days after the bill is issued, if bill remains unpaid.
- If the bill remains unpaid on the 33rd day, a courtesy call will be issued. If the bill remains unpaid on the disconnect day, a service charge of $40 will be applied to the account and the service will be shut off for non-payment.
- Once the $40 service charge is applied to the account the, only way service can be maintained or restored is to pay the past due bill and the $40 service charge.
- Checks returned for insufficient funds are subject to late penalties and a $30 return check charge.